Starting to plan your next big event? Begin with the end in mind. Take some time to really think through what is most important to you BEFORE you start the process. You can save yourself time, money and headaches by developing a clear vision well in advance. Here are a few quick things to think about.
- What are your event objectives? What is the reason for hosting the event in the first place?
- Who is your audience? What resonates with them? How will you get your message clearly across all touchpoints?
- What is your budget? Often times clients come to me with “no budget”. Sounds like a dream, right? WRONG! Once the bottomline starts to to take shape, it is amazing to see that there was in fact a budget! That being said, identify where you want to make your investment. It is easy to get carried away with all of the moving parts so again, start with the end in mind.
- How will you measure success? The answer to this question will be a key driver to mapping out your plan. Let the answer to this question carry you through.
- Who is responsible for the pieces of the puzzle? Identify strengths and weaknesses of your current team. Play to the strengths. Solid event management is all about accountability and responsibility. Make sure you have the right people in the right roles.
Looking to help plan your next big event? Contact us! We can help organize the plan, brainstorm or carry through conception to completion. Maybe you just need the right vendor referral. We are a quick call away.
Events are our passion. Helping great clients to do work we truly love is our privilege.
We are gearing up to celebrate the 15 year anniversary of Avant Garde Events, Inc!
It has been an incredible journey filled with so many exciting stops along the way. Building a business from scratch with only a handmade business card and sheer determination was quite an endeavor but looking back it all happened just as it should, exactly when it was supposed to. There are no accidents. Every meeting, every opportunity, every connection layered itself beautifully to create the company we have today.
We are so grateful for all of these experiences. Looking back at all of the amazing clients, fabulous events, generous sponsors and donors, dedicated committee members and volunteers and connections we have made over the past decade + is incredibly rewarding. There is no greater privilege than the opportunity to spend each day immersed in your passion and to be able to make a living by doing so. We love to make things happen for our clients and are completely grateful for the opportunity to wake up everyday to do what we LOVE and for that we are exceptionally grateful.
Avant Garde Events, Inc.