Begin with the End in Mind
Starting to plan your next big event? Begin with the end in mind. Take some time to really think through what is most important to you BEFORE you start the process. You can save yourself time, money and headaches by developing a clear vision well in advance. Here are a few quick things to think about.
- What are your event objectives? What is the reason for hosting the event in the first place?
- Who is your audience? What resonates with them? How will you get your message clearly across all touchpoints?
- What is your budget? Often times clients come to me with “no budget”. Sounds like a dream, right? WRONG! Once the bottomline starts to to take shape, it is amazing to see that there was in fact a budget! That being said, identify where you want to make your investment. It is easy to get carried away with all of the moving parts so again, start with the end in mind.
- How will you measure success? The answer to this question will be a key driver to mapping out your plan. Let the answer to this question carry you through.
- Who is responsible for the pieces of the puzzle? Identify strengths and weaknesses of your current team. Play to the strengths. Solid event management is all about accountability and responsibility. Make sure you have the right people in the right roles.
Looking to help plan your next big event? Contact us! We can help organize the plan, brainstorm or carry through conception to completion. Maybe you just need the right vendor referral. We are a quick call away.
Events are our passion. Helping great clients to do work we truly love is our privilege.